September 06, 2022
Future of Educational Technology in India
The use of hardware, software, practice, and educational theory for a student's overall development is known as education technology. Ed-tech refers to those corporations and organisations which are indulged in building educational technology. It incorporates online learning, computer-based training, mobile learning, and many other learning methods. It is proper to integrate technology into education in a way that produces beneficial and constructive results. It also encourages a diverse learning environment for pupils of all ages and locations.
Benefits of Ed-Tech:
Learning has become easier and more exciting as a result of the introduction of EdTech. For instance, during pandemics, the majority of students were kept indoors and away from their schools and coaching sessions, but all thanks to Edtech companies who made sure that learning must continue by providing a platform for educators to improve their teaching techniques and allowing students to explore new methods and ideas of learning.
Benefits of Ed-Tech:
- Facilitates the process of learning.
- Enhances student performance using technical methods.
- Tests can be readily created by teachers and given to students.
- Learning can be tailored to the needs of the individual students.
- Notes may be saved electronically and uploaded via email.
- The pupils' attendance can be simply taken by teachers.
- Both teachers and pupils are capable of managing their personal lives.
Technology in education can deliver its instruments for instructional objectives both online and offline. Even though the introduction of modern technology and education had already begun, it picked up speed in the wake of the COVID-19 epidemic. In several nations around the world, children were unable to attend school for months owing to a lockdown, which had an impact on their academic performance. Everyone in India turned to online schooling in such trying times.
Ed-Tech in Today's world:
As everyone is aware, educational technology is on the rise during the epidemic. These online resources in the education industry help students reclaim their education. However, now that the pandemic is over, educational institutions are getting back on track, which has resulted in a sharp decline in online educational technology.
However, several factors and tech industry titans' appraisals indicate that educational technology will never end. According to projections, the online education market is expected to reach $11.6 billion by 2026. These figures imply that ed-tech is not just a short-term adaptation to the COVID times but has established itself as a long-term fix to every problem the education sector has faced in the past.
With the introduction of online learning and educational technologies, education has only gotten more attainable. It is always growing and daily achieving new heights. Anyone with a smartphone and internet connection can get information for online education has no bar of demography.
With the help of partnerships with Indian colleges and universities, many renowned foreign universities are now able to offer a wide range of courses online, saving students the time-consuming process of moving abroad and the cost of hefty student loans. Students can now easily obtain a top-notch education from the convenience of their homes.
What Makes EdTech Ideal for India:
The teacher-to-student ratio in India is consistently unhealthily high. Rarely do students receive individualised attention or the chance to ask questions and personally get their questions answered. EdTech provides a complete answer to all of these issues and many more.
- One size fits all models are no longer effective: The one-size-fits-all theory no longer holds true, according to former CBSE Chairman Ashok Ganguly. At every educational level, proper technology use must be ensured. Each subject, each course, and each student requires a customised, self-paced learning method.
- Students need on-demand learning because they frequently have to balance internships and their academics while taking professional tests. The scheduling of the classroom is rarely in sync with their employment schedule. The availability of courses and study materials on demand thanks to on-demand training tips the scales in favour of the learner.
- The new textbook is video, not books: Speaking of study tools, printed textbooks are no longer relevant. The younger generation of students "watch" classes more often than they read about them. Learning is made more intriguing and engrossing by video courses that are packed with lectures, multimedia images, and interactive features. The understanding of topics is strengthened by the visual method of learning.
- In the past, a single professor could only effectively instruct a class of up to 100 students. With the aid of EdTech, educators can reach a sizable number of pupils. There is no longer a requirement for a physical location where instructors and students can congregate for class sessions. You may access courses at any time, anywhere, and through any medium thanks to on-demand video streaming.
The expansion of the EdTech revolution in India is fueled by all these reliable causes as well as several more.
Ed-Tech Future in India:
It will be difficult to avoid mentioning India if the topic of educational systems is brought up in debate. Our country has one of the largest educational systems in the world, with over 250 million students enrolled. The epidemic served as a sobering reminder of the necessity for blended learning environments for children in a country like ours.
Educational institutions were pressured to use remote teaching techniques, but Ed Tech start-ups not only had the tools needed but also the know-how to help reduce the risk that our traditional educational institutions had to deal with. The digital learning revolution has enabled anyone with a smartphone and internet access to learn, re-skill, and up-skill whenever and wherever they want.
The ability for students to tailor their study materials to their needs and the opportunity for educators to launch their businesses are the two most influential outcomes of Ed Tech start-ups.
Never less Because the hybrid system is necessary for our nation, educational technology will never become obsolete. All students can be reached by these Ed-Tech sectors with the very minimum requirements, such as a device with an internet connection. By training the underprivileged in rural areas, which will be our nation's future, the ed-tech sector will forge a promising future.